My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click image to view my website

Monday, December 3, 2018

Blog Post 1: Existing Take-Away Food Delivery Services / Industry

I initially started off my research with searching existing take-away food delivery services. I felt this would further my knowledge on what's currently in the market and would clearly tell me what my competition would be.

- I found out that the main delivery services available in the UK were Just Eat, Hungry House, Uber Eats and Deliveroo.
-   I found that Deliveroo and Uber Eats, having a pricy £3.50 delivery charge and deliveries from more expensive restaurants like Byron Burgers, were considered more high end companies compared to Just Eat which delivered from your local take-away restaurants.
-  I thought it was very interesting how all companies allowed you to track how and when your order was being made and delivered on the app itself, which I considered a clever and imaginative USP. 
-  Whether it was Just Eat's simple time line of the preparation of your food or the capability to actually track the car your food was being delivered in on Uber Eats, I feel all companies promoted efficient delivery services and really conveyed the convenience of their company. 
When researching Just Eat I found out that:
-  Just Eat is the longest running take-away delivery service and Hungry House was bought by Just Eat in 2017, making Just East a highly growing and well known, trusted service.
-  Recently in the news, Just Eat got critiscised from delivering from restaurants with poor hygene ratings even as bad as 0/5 stars, meaning in the lower end of the market, a trust between customer and company has been slighlty broken.
- However, Just Eat now allows you to leave a review on the restaurant  you ordered from. I feel this is a very useful selling point because it helps customers discover new restaurants that have promote good hygene suit them the most.
- Just Eat is extremely easy to use, giving the option to use either cash or card.


- I found my Just Eat research through downloading the app and looking at their website:


https://www.just-eat.co.uk/

From this research, I discovered I really wanted to portray the use of convenience my service will offer the costumer- quick, hassle free delivery through a user friendly app.

No comments:

Post a Comment