My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click image to view my website

Monday, December 3, 2018

Blog Post 16: My Rough Cut

I made a rough cut at the beginning of the first week of editing so I could produce a semi-finished video and see if anything needed to be re-filmed or re-edited as I also got other people's opinions on it. Everything was edited on premier pro.

Advert 1:

Making this rough cut was beneficial to my advert because it influenced the direction it was going in and thoroughly helped me move forwards since I could review what worked well so far during this 'half advert' stage. It helped me realise I had to re-film more shots of the actual skating tricks from different angles to create a full, exciting montage so I could pick a background song that fit in time with the noises of the skateboard tricks.
Advert 2:


 Making this rough cut was beneficial because like the previous one, made me realise which sections needed to be re-filmed. Some scenes like the one with my mum, didn't fit well when compared to the professionalism of the beginning shots for example. It also allowed me to view all the shots I'd filmed over the first weekend and pick and choose which one worked best so I wasn't wasting time colour grading (for example) a shot I was, in a weeks time, going to reshoot.

With my rough cuts, I saw that my adverts had good narrative flow, the story was clear to understand and the brand values were conveyed however, I feel after a reshoot, I can opt for a more youthful and upbeat editing style to match my brand values.

No comments:

Post a Comment