My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click image to view my website

Monday, December 3, 2018

Blog Post 11: My Practice Shoot/Edit

The week before filming, I created a very rough test shoot to ensure my idea looked vaguely successful/worked when actually being filmed. It was also important to see if they all flowed properly and actually made sense too.

Advert 1:

 This planning was beneficial to my project because it was probably the main contender in letting me see that I wasn't too keen on my original idea. With the skateboard ad, I felt it lacked an edge for my target audience and the discovery of Your Food was rather boring - hence my reasons for scrapping the fall, creating the beginning section into a montage and having the Your Food business card fly into someone's face instead of someone simply remembering Your Food exists.

Advert 2:

I think the narrative flowed well in this test advert, however, like advert 1, I feel it needs some more comedy and edge to it. So I will, again, have the Your Food business card fly into someone's face which will also make my adverts linked, like the Just Eat 'mini fist bump feeling' campaign of adverts. I also realised that filming on a bus isn't appropriate. There is too much background nouse and it's hard to find a time when the whole of the top deck is empty for me to film on.

This planning was beneficial to me because it allowed me to visualise whether my adverts flowed well and whether my original ideas were going to work to make an effective advert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment