My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click image to view my website

Monday, December 3, 2018

Blog Post 17: My Advert's Review

When completing my final advert, everyone had a review which helped to point out any minor finishing touches we could add to our advert, making it the best it could be.

Advert 1 Review Copy:



In the review, the issues that came up in the discussion were: the colour grading when they're sitting down ordering the food, the 3rd shot after the montage being a little too quiet and some of the montage shots being quite quick. I responded to two of the issues brought up. I fixed the colour grading because when watching my video back, I realised the shots were a little too orange, so now, all the clips where they're sitting on the ramps match colour. I also increased the volume of the 3rd shot after the montage because when purely listening to the audio of my advert, it initially was too quiet. I feel these changes got my advert looking professional and the best it could be however, I ignored the idea of the montage shots being to quick because I feel these made my advert look upbeat and showed the vitality of my brand which in my opinion, was perfect for my target demographic.

Advert 2 Review Copy:



In this advert, the issues that came up were: the colour grading on the train, which was slightly too orange and the colour grading of the zoomed in shot of the pizza which needed a bluer tone added to it. I didn't take the pizza idea on board because without colour grading, this shot was very blue already since I used a light source to make it glisten. Adding a bluer tone would cancel out my work in trying to make the pizza more red to make the colour of the pepperoni pop more, making it look appetising. However, when watching the advert back, I noticed the colour grading was slightly too orange on the train so I fixed this, making it more blue and eventually, all the shots on the train matched nicely.

The review made me learn that it's important to get other people's opinions because often, they can fault things which you can't notice. However it's also important to respectfully discard some opinions you think aren't relevant and trust yourself with creating a piece unique to your style of editing. It was beneficial to my project because everyone who reviewed my work, had valid opinions in which I mainly took on board to produce the best advert I could possibly edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment