My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click image to view my website

Monday, December 3, 2018

Blog Post 4: The Target Audience (Males and Females 16-25)

I researched my target demographic to find out about the lifestyles of the different age groups and genders and take into consideration their views on existing take-away food delivery brands and my ideas for my advert. I did this through asking questions to a variety of friends I have from ages 16-24, the age range the brief stated. When summarising the data, I put together this list:

-  The age category from 16-18 mostly live with their parents.
-  They are usually heavily dependent on social media.
-  They don't have much money. Especially university students. However, teens who live with their parents, often get pocket money or minimum wage from a part time job.
-  Watch and interact with some, and if not, a lot of TV.
-  Many teens I spoke to enjoy using apps like Just Eat because of the convenience and ease while using the app
-  Especially the younger side of the demographic, tend to have a preference to more unconventional adverts since they are more interesting.
-  One of the top cuisines ordered is Chinese.
- They like the convenience of ordering the food at an unusual hour and eating it in the comfort of their home/dorm.

I also researched 'UK Tribes', known as 'the home of UK youth research' which was actually created by Channel 4, the channel I will be creating an advert for. They split the youth of today into five categories: 'Alternative', 'Mainstream', 'Leading Edge', 'Urban' and 'Aspirant' which were then further analysed to create several 'genres' of people. When reading their information of different kinds of people, I realised just how broad and expansive the youth of today is and truly how many different kinds of people there are. This made me realise how important it was that I made my advert diverse. Also, with a lot of the 'tribes' they named, social media and technology was highly involved in each of them, further backing my point as to how ingrained our generation is with it. Since this website was created by Channel 4, I feel it's important to involve these ideas since it will match and fit with the Channel's identity well.

When reviewing what people have said to me, I found out that males and females more or less had the same opinion. However, I didn't gather as much research on people outside of my age group (16-18).  This has helped me make sure my advert appeals to all ages by conveying an all-inclusive takeaway service which doesn't favour the younger side of the demographic. I am thinking of having one of my adverts in a skate park and one at home so the university students can also relate to it since they will not be spending time at home.

Sources:







No comments:

Post a Comment