My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click image to view my website

Monday, December 3, 2018

Blog Post 7: Research Into Existing TV Commercials In Other Forms (Online, Print, Billboard)

This research was useful for me to compare print adverts to the TV adverts I looked at. It allowed me to see what other forms of advertising do differently and allowed me more inspirations for branding and slogans. It was also interesting to see how a singular image on a print ad would grab the attention of any audience member.

Just Eat: "I've had the Thai of my life":
- I liked this advert because it revolved around a pun of a famous song that such a wide target demographic can relate to. It creates humour and an appeal to the Just Eat product, making the audience laugh and already form a liking to the product.
- Their slogan "Get that mini fist bump feeling" was imbedded at the bottom of the advert so the audience automatically recognise it's Just Eat, creating more popularity for the product as more people start to recognise it.
-The red Just Eat logo stands out as it contrasts with the blue background, making it a striking, bold, eye catching advert.
- The "tap the app" at the bottom shows media convergence and tells you how to access the it which is important since it's needed to use it.


Just Eat: "Spice things up in the Bedroom Tonight":
- The chopsticks, one of the main focuses of the advert represent oriental food, showing that Just Eat has a variety of cuisines.
- The food, which is another one of the main focuses, is placed and edited really well, almost looking shiny, making the food look delicious and appetising which sells the brand and makes the audience want to buy the food.
- The advert is very colourful and eye catching which is important so the audience see your advert easily and take your product into consideration.
- Again, the Just Eat logo in the corner makes the advert easy to identify, especially through the white text on the red background which Just Eat use in all their product logos.
- I found the pun very humorous and memorable and think that teenagers and adults, the main demographic of the product would find this very comedic, showing the brand values of a youthful and current product, unafraid to take risks, especially with their advertising.
- The direct address, call to action and imperative language on the advert entice and engage the audience since it's telling them what to do.


I learnt a lot from this research, especially about slogans and logos, ensuring the branding is remained consistent. From these two adverts, compared to the TV ones, Just Eat's branding is prominent in both especially when looking at the font and colour palette which is also used in their logo and slogans on TV. This gave me the idea to involve my business card in both adverts and a Your Food logo at the end to constantly reference to my brand throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment