My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click image to view my website

Monday, December 3, 2018

Blog Post 2: Channel 4

I followed my research on industry with researching Channel 4 mainly for me to understand where my target audience would fit into when looking at scheduling and to see what Channel 4 stands for and represents.
When researching Channel 4, I found out that:
-  They want to be a catalyst for social change.
-  They stand up for diversity around the UK.
-  They're inclusive, experimental and innovative.
-  It attracts mainly ABC1 social economic groups and with it's variety of programmes ranging from informative documentaries to alternative, quirky shows. -  Channel 4 is the UK's only publicly owned, comercially-funded public service broadcaster.
- Channel 4 was the first service to host programmes late at night and through the night - probably one of the main contributors as to why a youthful demographic engages with the service.
All this information led to how well the service fit with my target audience, especially when looking at the scheduling of the channel.
- I found out that there are 10,000,000 users registered to Channel 4 and 50% of them are 16-24 year olds. Proving the vitality and entertainment Channel 4 has to its company.
- Over 18,000,000 people across the UK engaged with Bake Off on Channel 4 whether it was on All4, to catch up, or on live television.
-  When looking at the Channel 4 schedule, on Tuesday for example, we have The Simpsons, followed by Hollyoaks, then followed by Bake Off appearing from 6pm-9pm, where many people aged 16-24 will engage most in. Therefore, I shall pay for my airtime to place my advert in in these slots:
- Monday: 18:30 (after The Simpsons and before Hollyoaks)
- Tuesday: 20.15 (throughout Bake Off)
- Wednesday: 18:30 (after The Simpsons and before Hollyoaks)
- Thursday:  23:00 (after Naked Attraction and before Gogglebox - aim at older ages of demographic)
- Friday: 12:00 (in between The Simpsons 11:30am and Channel 4 news - appeals to uni students)
This research was useful to me because it stimulated the idea of making my advert diverse and youthful so it could appeal to the Channel 4 demographic well, making experimental and innovative

https://www.channel4.com/tv-guide

No comments:

Post a Comment