My Music Video

My Website

My Website
Click image to view my website

Monday, September 16, 2019

Post 10: My production review

I was given feedback on my website and music video in order to reflect and improve on my work. This helped me to create a project to the best of my ability whilst meeting the demands of the set brief. 

WEBSITE FEEDBACK 



- To allow a scroll down my page, I anchored certain images so that they would take the user to specific locations on my website without having to scroll.
- I changed the background because having the background photo on its side made the website appear less professional.
- I hyperlinked both iTunes and Spotify buttons to allow digital convergence in my website and allow my fans to become prosumers while engaging with my content.

MUSIC VIDEO
1st Review:

WWW:
- Good overall edit 
- Good understanding of how pop music videos are structured throughout 
- Good variety of shots 
- Good narrative and overall message 

EBI:
- Several car shots are boring and dull
- Opening shot of JAY DAH hand cuffed is too confusing for the audience
Resolution: re-film certain shots

Initially, in my music video, the car shots weren't wasn't visually striking enough: they weren't filmed in a picturesque location, one of the girls was wearing a more 'cute' outfit which made her look out of place compared to the rest of the girls. 


I then reshoot this section of my music video. I added a better shot of the girls getting into the car in a more picturesque location:


 I also made sure the girls were all wearing clothes that fit in with my brand and my star persona's identity. I did this by putting them in clothes my artist would also wear: 


Also, I got told the initial shot  was too confusing for the audience viewer, since the chains are suppose to me more of a metaphorical/abstract concept - having it as the first shot almost strips it from its meaning. 


I then removed this and started my music video with my character directly in an office. This would also make the chains on my outfit seem like they're meant to be there and not draw attention to them as much, stripping the meaning from them. 


I also had a shot of my character and her girlfriend drinking from a bottle. However, it was too obvious to the audience that it was a beer bottle. This would not fit my target demographic since I would be promoting underage drinking to the 16-17 age category of my 16-25 target audience which would violate certain regulation rules. Therefore, I changed it to ice-cream. This would fit the fun-loving atmosphere more and contribute to the innocence I want to convey in my character's relationship with her girlfriend.


After I made these changes, I finalised my music video and asked people of the target audience to review it and give me their feedback:






I was really happy when I got the feedback from my target audience because this is the demographic of people who I want to appeal to most. I was glad they understood the narrative and appreciated the  more edgy style and concepts whilst also staying true to the pop genre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment